Commit Graph
100 Commits
Author SHA1 Message Date
Colin Walters 49b8a72622 [ASAN] lib: Squash various leaks in library and commandline
The pull one is the most likely to affect users.  Otherwise mostly
just cleaning up `-fsanitize=address`.

Closes: #587
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-21 16:34:06 +00:00
Colin Walters eb7ba645af [ASAN] tests: Fix some memleaks in libarchive importer
Caught by `-fsanitize=address`.

Closes: #587
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-21 16:34:06 +00:00
Colin Walters a6eb8bbcf6 tests: Support TEST_SKIP_CLEANUP=err
I find myself often wanting to debug interactively failing tests.
This makes it more convenient to keep around the temporary directories
just for those tests, rather than accumulating tons of tempdirs from
the successful tests as well.

Closes: #588
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-21 16:11:55 +00:00
Colin Walters 41ef2aeb38 pull: Do GPG verify commit objects when using deltas
The fact that we weren't doing this is at best an oversight, and
for some deployment models a security vulnerability.  Having both
`gpg-verify` and `gpg-verify-summary` shows that we were intending
them to be orthogonal/independent.

Lately I've been advocating moving towards pinned TLS instead of
gpg-signed summaries, and if we follow that path, performing GPG
verification of commit objects even if using deltas is more important,
as it provides an at-rest verifiable authenticity and integrity
mechanism.

Content providers which are signing their summary files and/or using
TLS (particularly pinned TLS) for transport should treat this as a
nice-to-have.  However, for providers which are serving content over
plain HTTP and relying on GPG, this is a critical update.

Closes: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/517

Closes: #589
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-21 15:55:09 +00:00
Colin Walters cb57338a12 pull: Use new per-remote API for GPG verification
Trivial change, but makes things more obvious.  And we get test
coverage of the new API for free.

Closes: #589
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-21 15:55:09 +00:00
Colin Walters abbd7acaf3 pull: Dedup code for checking for > 0 valid results
We have a public API for this, let's use it internally.

Closes: #589
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-21 15:55:09 +00:00
Colin Walters c1c70bceb7 [TSAN] Rework assertions to always access refcount atomically
`-fsanitize=address` complained that the `refcount > 0` assertions
were reading without atomics.  We can fix this by reworking them
to read the previous value.

Closes: #582
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-17 19:41:57 +00:00
Colin Walters f0519e541f [TSAN] main: Stop calling g_set_prgname()
It turns out this is basically racy with the presence of other
threads.  It was really cosmetic so let's stop doing it and make
`-fsanitize=thread` happy.

Closes: #582
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-17 19:41:57 +00:00
Colin Walters b5c4e6d99a [UBSAN] deltas: Don't call memset(NULL, NULL, 0) with no xattrs
This is actually fine in practice, but it triggers this
`-fsanitize=undefined` warning I saw in the test suite log:

```
src/libostree/ostree-repo-static-delta-compilation.c:160:10: runtime error: null pointer passed as argument 1, which is declared to never be null
```

Closes: #584
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-17 19:20:20 +00:00
Colin Walters 24bf257ee9 lib: Add an API to GPG verify a commit given a remote
Conceptually we've been moving towards having our GPG verification
paths be per-remote.  The code internally supports this, but we
didn't expose an API to use it conveniently.

This came up when trying to add a new `gpgkeypath` option, since
right now rpm-ostree manually finds keyrings for the remote, and
hence it wasn't looking at the keypath, and said "Unknown key"
in status.

Adding an API fixes this nicely.

Closes: #576
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-11-17 11:33:41 +00:00
Colin Walters f244c70277 Add "gpgkeypath" option to remotes
For Project Atomic, we already have RPM signatures which use files in
`/etc/pki/rpm-gpg`.  It's convenient to simply bind the OSTree remote
configuration to those file paths, rather than having duplicate key
data.

This does mean that we need to parse the files for verification, so we
end up importing them into the verifier's temporary keyring, which is
a bit ugly, but it's what other projects do.

Closes: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/573

Closes: #575
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-11-17 09:44:07 +00:00
Colin Walters 3cd5e6b41a lib: Split out helper function to create GPG context
In prep for future work.

Closes: #575
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-11-17 09:44:07 +00:00
Colin Walters a6cfe62eb8 lib: Define and use cleanup functions for gpgme
Just a cleanup in preparation for future work.

Closes: #575
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-11-17 09:44:07 +00:00
Colin Walters 814aa96825 pull: Redo logic for "scanning"
What in the code is called "scanning" is ensuring (potentially
recursively) have an object, and if not, fetching it.  And then if
it's metadata, parsing it and finding new objects to fetch.

This logic has grown fairly complex.  What I'm trying to fix
right now is that if we're doing a pull-local to a remote repository
via `sshfs` (FUSE) we still end up scanning, which is inefficient.

We can take advantage of the "commitpartial" logic here - if a commit
isn't partial, it's complete, hence we don't need to scan it.

At the same time, I'm changing the logic here to *always* do scans for
dirtree objects.  This will fix cases where multiple commits share
dirtree objects.  We have "commitpartial" metadata, but no such concept
of partial/complete for dirtrees.

But, we'll only ever scan dirtrees if we scan commits, which is
what the section above fixes.

Closes: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/543

Closes: #564
Approved by: alexlarsson
2016-11-16 22:17:25 +00:00
Colin Walters 37c07d2f1c pull: Add support for http-headers option
Some deployments may want to gate access to content based on things
like OAuth.  In this model, the client system would normally compute a
token and pass it to the server via an API.

We could theoretically support this in the remote config too, but
that'd be a bit weird for OAuth as the information is dynamic.
Therefore this cleans up the code a little bit to more clearly handle
the case that the fetcher is initialized from both remote config
data plus pull options.

Closes: #574
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-11-16 10:04:22 +00:00
Colin Walters 676f0a2797 travis: Drop debian unstable since we can't fetch packages reliably
I don't know what's going on, I suspect mirror churn.  Anyways,
it seems to be consistently failing now, so let's drop it.

Closes: #571
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-10 17:39:06 +00:00
Colin Walters 36c8946870 Release 2016.13
Closes: #570
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-10 17:24:39 +00:00
Colin Walters 24ac4ff190 deltas: Only keep one file open at a time during compilation
Otherwise it's possible for us to exhaust available file descriptors
or (on 32 bit) run up against mmap limits.

In the rollsum case, we didn't need to hold open the "from" object
at all.  And in the bsdiff case, we weren't even looking at either of
the files until we started processing.

Also, while we have the patient open, switch to using O_TMPFILE
if available.

Closes: #567
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-11-07 11:17:59 +00:00
Colin Walters 2139f0e437 pull: Don't do deltas with --commit-metadata-only
We should just download the commit objects directly, as it's
obviously a lot more efficient than deltas.

I had to generate a summary file in more places in the tests,
since once created, it needs to be updated.

Closes: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/528

Closes: #566
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-04 16:04:23 +00:00
Colin Walters 730f723869 repo: Don't put remote refs in the summary file
I was doing a chain of mirroring like A -> B -> C

And repo B had A as a remote.  When I added B as
a remote to C, the summary file of B had a ref
upstream:foo/bar/baz, which caused all pulls from
B to C to fail, since the summary file is only
expected to have refs, not refspecs.

Closes: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/561

Closes: #565
Approved by: jlebon
2016-11-04 15:16:09 +00:00
Colin Walters a15dc7f191 ci: Use -fsanitize=undefined by default
It's fast enough to use for CI testing by default, and it
can catch a lot of bad things.

Closes: #552
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-28 17:47:50 +00:00
Colin Walters 05dc77d7e5 remote-refs: Add NULL terminator to options array
Caught by `-fsanitize=undefined`.

Closes: #552
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-28 17:47:50 +00:00
Colin Walters 396563e7e9 libglnx: Bump to master (for -fsanitize fixes)
Closes: #552
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-28 17:47:50 +00:00
Colin Walters 7f2960db43 Define an initializer for GVariant{Builder,Dict}
So we build warning-free on GLib (< 2.50, >= 2.50).  This
is a band aid until we hard-require >= 2.50.

Closes: #547
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-27 18:49:15 +00:00
Colin Walters 835d97d659 deploy: Suppress unused variable warning for fscreatecon cleanup
Fixes the clang build.

Closes: #551
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-27 17:50:56 +00:00
Colin Walters cbbfb5369f parse-datetime: Use labs() for long input value
Fixes a compliation warning with CLang, I didn't study it to
see whether this was a major issue or not.

Closes: #548
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-27 17:02:01 +00:00
Colin Walters 21ca60f987 otutil: Note that ot_log_structured takes a printf format
This notably fixes compilation with CLang.

Closes: #548
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-27 17:02:01 +00:00
Colin Walters b77edf24a3 tree-wide: Remove unused variables detected by CLang
CLang finds these, whereas GCC treats having
`__attribute__((cleanup))` as a use.

This obsoletes https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/411

Closes: #548
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-27 17:02:01 +00:00
Colin Walters 82a4f56593 tests: Skip libarchive/selinux tests if in container without SELinux
I'm doing builds and `make check` inside a Docker container, with
selinux on as a build-time option, but no policy in the container.
This currently aborts.  Let's not do that.

(This type of thing is why installed tests are a better model)

Closes: #546
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-27 16:48:34 +00:00
Colin Walters 27f37b55bc docs: Link to releng-scripts
Now that the repo starts to implement some of this stuff.

Closes: #544
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-27 16:28:55 +00:00
Colin Walters d3f14f02e3 Release 2016.12
Closes: #540
Approved by: cgwalters
2016-10-21 19:24:31 +00:00
Colin Walters 1d4f1b8878 core: Do create hardlinks to symlinks for checkouts
I was noticing a recent performance issue with checkouts
which seemed to be mostly us going back to doing a `fsync()` on
directories.

Regardless, while looking at that, I saw we were spending time
creating new symlinks. Even though symlinks are small, it's still
better to hardlink them.

Going way back in time, the reason we weren't doing this is
because we were hitting `EMFILE` on ext4, but that was for
gnome-continuous which creates *many* build roots.  Even
there though, they're just a cache, and we handle `EMFILE`.

For ostree-for-host-system, we don't expect to have many roots (just 3
at most transiently), so hardlinking symlinks does make sense.

Closes: #521
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-17 20:40:15 +00:00
Colin Walters a0e1344cf8 Release 2016.11
Closes: #524
Approved by: cgwalters
2016-10-07 19:21:41 +00:00
Colin Walters 54621d9e53 libglnx: Update to latest
This pulls in a new compilation flag for wrpseudo compatibility.  Also
note we need to add some includes since glnx-libcontainer went away,
and with it some includes for `sys/mount.h` etc.

Closes: #522
Approved by: cgwalters
2016-10-06 11:54:39 +00:00
Colin Walters 524d2d5cb2 trivial-httpd: Port mostly to fd-relative
We were seeing some weird potential memory corruption in this code
when using it for `rpm-ostree-toolbox installer`, which is almost
certainly not its fault, but let's use it as an excuse to port
(mostly) to fd-relative and away from GFile.

Dropping the last GFile use here is a bit tricky as it does have a
nice high level wrapper around inotify.

Closes: #512
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-05 21:48:41 +00:00
Colin Walters a981e5fd76 checkout: Fix fsync defaults for new API to be off for real
My previous change in https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/425
actually broke things so we basically used the repository defaults =(

This is a subtle mess since we're only trying to flip things off
for the *new* API.

Clean this up so that the "default repo inheritance" lives only in one
place - in the compat layer for the old checkout API.  The new
checkout API defaults to off period, so the repository state is
irrelevant.

Closes: #520
Approved by: jlebon
2016-10-05 21:34:57 +00:00
Colin Walters 450361d89b boot: Ensure we remount /var writable before systemd does journal flush
Otherwise, we may not get a persistent journal for the first boot.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1265295

Closes: #511
Approved by: jlebon
2016-09-15 19:41:44 +00:00
Colin Walters f2b6afd2df sysroot: Drop an unnecessary fsync
While looking at a slow update issue (which I'm guessing is
unpredictable I/O latency in an OpenStack instance), I noticed
in one of the traces we were inside a fsync here.

Dropping the fsync here is just another of a long series of unwinding
them - we `syncfs()` the sysroot fd and `/boot` and we have a big
`sync()` anyways.

Closes: #508
Approved by: jlebon
2016-09-14 19:14:46 +00:00
Colin Walters 4f736ac33e sysroot: Drop an fsync for origin file when writing deployments
More fsync pruning.  Since we have a public API for writing the origin
file and it did a fsync before, let's preserve that.  But when writing
deployments as part of a full transaction, we rely on the global
`syncfs()`, so add an internal function for origin file writing that
doesn't.

Closes: #509
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-09-14 10:26:39 +00:00
Colin Walters fcffb73280 sysroot: Port origin writing code to fd-relative
Just preparatory cleanup for a next patch which makes
the fsyncing configurable.

Closes: #509
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-09-14 10:26:39 +00:00
Colin Walters 84a9d61e15 sysroot: Port some small cleanup code to fd-relative
Just a quick patch since I saw this function scroll by in Emacs and it
was too ugly not to be rewritten.

Closes: #510
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-09-14 10:13:12 +00:00
Colin Walters 5893b68ef7 pull: Do allow executing deltas when mirroring into bare{,-user}
In https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/408 we fixed a
bug where we would crash when trying to execute deltas into
an archive repo (which isn't presently supported).

But that was overly aggressive - we obviously *can* execute deltas
when mirroring into a bare repo.  This should fix a regression with
the way flatpak uses mirroring to pull from a user repo into the
system.

Closes: #506
Approved by: alexlarsson
2016-09-12 12:50:34 +00:00
Colin Walters 36e8ba124e Release 2016.10
Closes: #502
Approved by: cgwalters
2016-09-09 00:28:02 +00:00
Colin Walters 916684ba0d core: Make OSTREE_TIMESTAMP public API
This way e.g. flatpak can detect which timestamp it should use.
See `flatpak/common/flatpak-utils.c:flatpak_zero_mtime`.

Closes: #501
Approved by: cgwalters
2016-09-09 00:10:21 +00:00
Colin Walters 30aaffa995 sysroot: Avoid double cleanup, and ensure no cleanup if specified
Since forever, we've been doing two cleanups.  In
https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/commit/8ece4d6d51bdbe3e41ab318259276bb83e553aa0
I thought we were doing just one and wanted to go to zero (if specified),
but I actually just dropped one cleanup.

In https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/pull/452
@jlebon pointed out the duplication.  Fix this by creating a new internal
deploy wrapper that takes cleanup flags.

(Since we already had the "piecemeal cleanup" API internally, let's
 frame it in terms of that, rather than passing down a boolean).

Closes: #500
Approved by: jlebon
2016-09-08 20:42:09 +00:00
Colin Walters 82b756783b fetcher: Fix another finalization deadlock
If the current repo is already up to date (we have no content to
fetch), it's possible for the fetcher to not request any URIs.  So
create and then finalize it quickly.

Finalization involves calling `g_main_loop_quit()` +
`g_thread_wait()`.  However, if `g_main_loop_quit()` is run *before*
`g_main_loop_run()`, we'll deadlock because GMainLoop assumes in
`_run()` to start things.

This is a common trap - ideally, GMainLoop would record if `_quit()`
was called before `_run()` or something, but doing that now would
likely break people who are expecting quit() -> run() to restart.

In general, we've moved in various GLib-consuming apps to an
explicit "main context iteration with termination condition" model;
see `pull_termination_condition()` in the pull code.

This fixes this race condition.

I verified that an assertion in `_finalize` that more than
zero URIs were requested was hit in multiple test cases, and this patch
has survived a while of make check loops.

Closes: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/496

Closes: #499
Approved by: jlebon
2016-09-08 20:09:07 +00:00
Colin Walters 23b4b58d57 delta: Unreference files we've processed
This should help avoid address space exhaustion on 32 bit systems,
and in general is obviously going to improve efficiency.

Closes: #498
Approved by: alexlarsson
2016-09-08 15:21:41 +00:00
Colin Walters e127070550 repo: Only use mmap() for metadata > 16k
See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/258091/when-should-i-use-mmap-for-file-access
and
https://lwn.net/Articles/591978/

I didn't really notice much performance difference in some small
tests, but I happened to be stracing and realized we were `mmap()`ing
even for 50 bytes which is not very useful, so let's not do it.

Closes: #489
Approved by: alexlarsson
2016-09-08 14:56:30 +00:00
Colin Walters 8dbb104cdc delta: Add missing goto out for failure to mmap()
This was hit in practice when generating a delta for a flatpak app on ARM
it looks like.

Closes: #497
Approved by: alexlarsson
2016-09-08 14:34:04 +00:00
Colin Walters 845dc65196 repo: Revert default timestamp from 1 back to 0
Quoting Dan Nicholson in

  <https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/330#issuecomment-245499099>

  mtime of 0 has been the semantics of ostree deployments from basically
  the beginning of the project. We (and others, see
  flatpak/flatpak@b5204c9) rely on that fact when generating trees.

  In particular, this affects caches that use the mtime of the
  associated file or directory to determine if the cache is valid. By
  arbitrarily changing the mtime of the files to something else, all
  the caches we setup in the build are now invalidated. Preseeding
  caches is really important to the user experience as it avoids
  having the user wait while they're regenerated on first run.

  Now, we could change our build infrastructure to preset all the
  mtimes to 1 to match this change, but what does that do for our
  existing users who are on an ostree that deploys with mtimes of 0?
  We could just revert this change at Endless (and the associated one
  in Flatpak), and that would be fine for our users. However, if we
  point non-Endless users to our apps, they'll have the great
  experience of waiting 10 seconds the first time they launch it while
  the fontconfig cache is rebuilt unnecessarily.

Closes: #495
Approved by: jlebon
2016-09-08 13:35:59 +00:00
Colin Walters dd71999dc9 Release 2016.9
Closes: #481
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-31 16:36:19 +00:00
Colin Walters a269075724 commit: Don't delete tmp/cache dir
We hold a fd open on this, and it's basically now expected
to be immortal.  Confer that status.

This was showing up in flatpak crashers, because we'd get
an unexpected errno.

(I didn't test this fixes the crasher, but it's clearly right)

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1347293

Closes: #476
Approved by: alexlarsson
2016-08-29 17:30:15 +00:00
Colin Walters 8ece4d6d51 sysroot: Add a flag to suppress post-deploy cleanup
I noticed seeing the output of `prune` twice in rpm-ostree, and had
always wondered why.  When reading the rpm-ostree code to fix
something else, reasons, I noticed the reason - we were pruning once
here, and then once after rpm-ostree regenerates its "base" refs.

There's no reason to clean twice, so let's add a flag so rpm-ostree
can suppress doing it inside libostree.

Closes: #474
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-29 07:45:24 +00:00
Colin Walters cfc3934e81 sysroot: Drop unnecessary dup() invocation
It's close-on-exec, not close-on-fork.  I was clearly confused when
writing this; it works just fine to reference the fd in the child and
`fchdir()` before exec.  So drop the unnecessary duplication.

Just noticed this while reading the code for a random other reason.

Closes: #473
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-28 13:56:03 +00:00
Colin Walters 3ef4cc2e5b lib: Add an API to list only "our" objects, fix prune to use it
When doing a prune, we should not try to delete objects in parent
repos, since it'll fail.  There is a bigger discussion about the
semantics of `parent=` to be had, but this will fix trying to use
`ostree prune --repo=/ostree/repo/extensions/rpmostree/pkgcache`.

Closes: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/467

Closes: #471
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-25 20:01:37 +00:00
Colin Walters 683e060099 repo: Add prefixes to errors for querying size/deleting
I hit these while causing errors in prune.  Let's add the specific
object we were looking for.

Closes: #471
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-25 20:01:37 +00:00
Colin Walters 05ac14326c pull: Make .commitpartial files world readable
In CentOS, these happened to appear in a repo that is served
via rsync, and having them not be world-readable caused mirroring
tools to fail.

They aren't secret, so don't make them so.

Closes: #468
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-25 13:03:16 +00:00
Colin Walters 77af6844d8 rofiles-fuse: Rework to be based on nlink
Programs like `useradd` try to `open(/etc/passwd, O_RDWR)` to append,
which didn't work with rofiles-fuse.  Thinking about this, I realized
that there's a simpler algorithm for "can we write to this file" which
is "does it have a hardlink count <= 1"?

Switching to this both drops complexity (we no longer need to keep a
hash table of files we created), and also lets useradd work.

Closes: #462
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-16 21:22:28 +00:00
Colin Walters 3469161e41 test-rofiles-fuse: Actually check out via hardlinks
The test suite was actually doing something before, just
not quite what I intended.  Without `-U` for bare-user checkouts
we end up doing a copy.

Now, a future commit will change how rofiles work, which would cause
the test suite to permit inplace mutation for non-hardlinked files.
So let's ensure they *are* hardlinked.

Closes: #462
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-16 21:22:28 +00:00
Colin Walters 3c6d2bc120 fixup! fix typo in docs/manual/atomic-upgrades.md
Closes: #461
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-12 21:20:08 +00:00
Colin Walters f9933a2631 prune: Elaborate on what formats are accepted by dates
Inquiring minds want to know.

Closes: #461
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-12 21:20:08 +00:00
Colin Walters 07ec35ef03 libostree.sym: Add 2016.9 section
We should remember to do this in the commit updating configure.ac.

Closes: #453
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-09 20:00:24 +00:00
Colin Walters 73eabca5e8 Release 2016.8
It's time for a new release, there's enough queued and it's
been ~a month.

Closes: #452
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-09 19:12:25 +00:00
Colin Walters 56a922280f tests: Port sysroot.js away from libgsystem
My case-sensitive `git grep` didn't find this one originally,
but the Travis+Debian setup was configured to run it.

Closes: #451
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-09 19:01:35 +00:00
Colin Walters 519292114f travis: Disable email notifications
I'm getting spammed.  We'll see the results in the status.

Closes: #450
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-09 17:36:39 +00:00
Colin Walters a29bb0ab6b Final excision of libgsystem dependency
Lots and lots of preparation led to this moment - when nothing
apparent changes for users!  Woo!

But seriously, having the extra dependency is a minor annoyance, and
in the big picture I think the libgsystem idea was wrong - we need to
land things in GLib, and use git submodules for API-unstable or
Linux-specific sharing.  For a lot of OSTree, the libgsystem `GFile*`
orientation was also wrong, we really want fd-relative.

Closes: #444
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-09 15:36:09 +00:00
Colin Walters fd9536bb19 prune: Retain the tip of each ref even with date pruning
I hit an error with [CAHC](https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic/Devel)
where we were doing time-based pruning.  `ostree summary -u` started failing,
and it took me a bit to realize it was because we were pruning
even the tip of old branches, which I was not at all expecting,
and I don't think users will too.

Perhaps in the future we could add some sort of --prune-ref-tips or
something if people wanted it, but I doubt it.

Closes: #445
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-09 15:12:35 +00:00
Colin Walters 056cc0543f build: Update .gitignore
The patch to add more symlink bits also needed CLEANFILES updates.

Closes: #446
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-09 14:41:07 +00:00
Colin Walters d238683332 deploy: Use internal recursive copy rather than libgsystem
Since we already had a "recursive copy" implementation here, let's
reuse it rather than the libgsystem `gs_shutil_cp_a()`.  Part of the
libglnx porting.

Closes: #428
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-08 14:16:34 +00:00
Colin Walters 686d0352e1 deploy: Port file copying code to GLnxDirFdIterator
It handles ownership of the `DIR*` for us more cleanly, and
is just a better API.

This is in preparation for further changes to this code to do SELinux
labeling while copying.

Closes: #428
Approved by: jlebon
2016-08-08 14:16:34 +00:00
Colin Walters 8dab17f6db repo: Fix an uninitialized variable
Closes: #431
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-08 11:13:06 +00:00
Colin Walters e7b3cf9850 build: Make -Werror=int-conversion fatal
This should hopefully avoid me accidentally passing NULL for an `int`
file descriptor in the future.

Closes: #431
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-08 11:13:06 +00:00
Colin Walters 76d6afa707 build: Import attributes.m4, detect CFLAGS at build time
I want to add `-Werror=int-conversion`, but it's only available in
newer GCC versions.  So let's start autodetecting available compiler
flags.

Closes: #431
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-08 11:13:06 +00:00
Colin Walters 6b089304bf repo: Drop more internally unused GFile members
I forgot to actually remove `config_file` in the previous
commit, the txn lock hasn't been used in a long time, and
for the uncompressed cache, everything uses the fd already.

Closes: #433
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-08 08:31:59 +00:00
Colin Walters 704c7e57fa .travis.yml: Delete, we aren't using it right now
@smcv will re-add a new version.

Closes: #439
Approved by: smcv
2016-08-05 20:50:43 +00:00
Colin Walters d55655b096 repo: Drop internal GFile config_file
The remote parsing code still uses GFiles but this is a start.

Closes: #432
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-05 08:26:07 +00:00
Colin Walters 18a576c390 lib: Drop GFiles for self->{objects_dir,state_dir}
Everything that used to reference these is now fd-relative.

Closes: #432
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-05 08:26:07 +00:00
Colin Walters 308c75e281 repo: Port metadata writing code to fd-relative
It was the last thing referencing `self->objects_dir`.

Closes: #432
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-05 08:26:07 +00:00
Colin Walters cfd402e5f7 lib: Fix a compiler warning introduced from earlier patch
I think we'd end up closing stdin...yuck.  Need to investigate
having this be fatal, but CentOS 7 `gcc-4.8.5` doesn't understand
`-Werror=int-conversion`.

Closes: #430
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-05 07:38:09 +00:00
Colin Walters 30aa1ec668 lib: Use libglnx file replace API more consistently
We have a better API now, drop use of the internal helper, which also
depended on libgsystem.

This required bumping libglnx to pull in a fix.

Closes: #429
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-04 21:27:32 +00:00
Colin Walters 1ce633f158 Update libglnx for O_TMPFILE build time option
See: https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/421

Closes: #426
Approved by: gatispaeglis
2016-08-04 13:30:55 +00:00
Colin Walters 593effe2fb lib: Add padding booleans to OstreeRepoCheckoutAtOptions
Since this is a new API, and adding booleans is the most likely thing
we'll do, let's stick some explicit padding for them in here now.

We could use the `unused_ints[]` but it'd be out of order, and this
will more clearly remind people about the padding.  The efficiency hit
versus bitfields is annoying, but oh well, not a real world problem.

Closes: #427
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-04 12:18:28 +00:00
Colin Walters 18d826e3a5 repo: Flip the fsync default to off for new checkout API
Since we're adding a new API, we have the opportunity to fix
the defaults.  We expect clients to do a `syncfs()` or equivalent
on their own now, since it's way more efficient.

Flip the checkout fsync default to off.

Closes: #425
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-04 07:33:31 +00:00
Colin Walters f66906c401 deltas: Port compilation to libglnx/fd-relative
This was the last use of libgsystem tmpfile APIs.  The change here is
a bit uglier than it needs to be because we support creating the delta
in place as well as in the repo, so we needed to abstract over
locations.

Closes: #424
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-03 08:10:27 +00:00
Colin Walters a843d16de2 grub2: Port away from gs_file_sync_data()
Inlining this is uglier, but this code kind of sucks anyways =( We're
going to need to do some fd-relative porting in here at some point.

Closes: #424
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-03 08:10:27 +00:00
Colin Walters c671c1dd3e lib: Port away from gs_file_rename()
In one case, we already had relative fds and hence this was
nicer.  Unfortunately the other areas got uglier.  More fd-relative
porting to do later.

Closes: #424
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-03 08:10:27 +00:00
Colin Walters 24671f7d25 repo: Port to g_autoptr() rather than old style cleanup macros
This notably kills a few libgsystem uses here.

Closes: #423
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-01 21:00:12 +00:00
Colin Walters 421c902125 repo: Port sign_data() to libglnx tmpfile APIs
Part of dropping libgsystem.

Closes: #423
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-01 21:00:12 +00:00
Colin Walters 6f17237849 deploy: Replace a use of gs_file_enumerator with compat wrapper
More libglnx/glib porting.

Closes: #423
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-08-01 21:00:12 +00:00
Colin Walters 5334758ba7 repo: Make ostree_repo_create() nonfatal on existing repos
In general we want to support "idempotentcy" or "state
synchronization" across interruption.  If a repo is only partially
created due to a crash or whatever, it's hard for a user to know that.
Let's just make `ostree_repo_create()` idempotent. Since all we're
doing is a set of `mkdirat()` invocations, it's quite simple.

This also involved porting to fd-relative, which IMO makes the
code a lot clearer.

Closes: #422
Approved by: 14rcole
2016-08-01 15:12:14 +00:00
Colin Walters 6d310db1e7 libglnx porting: Migrate to new tempfile code
In general this is even cleaner now, though it was better after I
extracted a helper function for the "write tempfile with contents"
bits that were shared between metadata and regular file codepaths.

Closes: #369
Approved by: jlebon
2016-07-29 19:02:41 +00:00
Colin Walters 6ffcb24d22 deltas: Handle untrusted checksums faster and more robustly
When reworking the ostree core [to use O_TMPFILE](https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/pull/369),
I hit an issue in the way the untrusted delta codepath ends up trying
to re-open the file to checksum it.  That's not possible with
`O_TMPFILE` since the fd (which we opened `O_WRONLY`) is the only
accessible reference to the content.

Fix this by changing the delta processing code to update a checksum as
we're doing writes, which is also faster, and ends up simplifying the
code as well.

What would be an even larger simplification here is if we e.g. used a
separate thread calling `write_object()` or something like that; the
main issue I see there is somehow bridging the fact that function
wants a `GInputStream*` but the delta code is generating stream of
writes.

Closes: #392
Approved by: jlebon
2016-07-29 16:03:28 +00:00
Colin Walters fb0bf27d10 tests/delta-crosscheck: Add missing --from
Otherwise we generate a static delta from the *previous* and get
confused.  To make doubly sure, add `--require-static-deltas` to pull.

Closes: #416
Approved by: jlebon
2016-07-29 14:30:42 +00:00
Colin Walters fc25fa16e1 lib: Fix compiler warning from previous patch
I had this in a `fixup!` I thought.

Closes: #414
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-07-28 14:46:17 +00:00
Colin Walters a38f2f41b2 lib: Fix leak in bootconfig parser
Pretty simple.

Closes: #410
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-07-28 10:10:17 +00:00
Colin Walters 27559c58a9 deploy: Fix leaks in parsing /etc/os-release
This one is a bit subtle; we're generating a hash that contains
pointers to the strings we parsed, so we need to carefully track
ownership.

Closes: #410
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-07-28 10:10:17 +00:00
Colin Walters 707ef93097 sysroot: Fix a leak in deployment dirpath API
This one is pretty obvious in retrospect.

Closes: #410
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-07-28 10:10:17 +00:00
Colin Walters 402020b4ca glib.supp: Suppress g_task -> thread leaks
There are variants of this, but right now because `GTask` has its
own pool which isn't necessarily cleaned up on exit, we need
to suppress all of this.

Closes: #410
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-07-28 10:10:17 +00:00
Colin Walters ba21023d6c fetcher: Explicitly join thread if it's not self
This fixes a valgrind leak; see [this StackOverflow thread](http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17642433/why-pthread-causes-a-memory-leak).

Closes: #410
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-07-28 10:10:17 +00:00
Colin Walters 544365f834 glib.supp: Suppress worker context -> thread bits
The worker context isn't cleaned up now.

Closes: #410
Approved by: giuseppe
2016-07-28 10:10:17 +00:00